With our LabDisk platform your diagnostic and analytic laboratory procedures can run fully automated on a cost-effective, CD-like disposable test element, the LabDisk.
The LabDisk platform makes automation solutions available for your assays within a short time, based on centrifugal microfluidic test elements, the "LabDisks".
Using the LabDisks offers many advantages:
- Reduced personnel costs and reagent costs through automation in miniaturized, microfluidic standard
- Complex analytical procedures can even be executed by personnel with minimal training; this means outsourcing to the so-called point-of-care is possible
- Reproducibility is improved
- The risk of cross-contamination is reduced
In addition to automation of standard laboratory procedures, application areas of the LabDisk platform also particularly include automation of molecular diagnostic tests, immunological tests, and protein-analytical tests. Application examples from the LabDisk platform portfolio include:
- Genotyping antibiotic resistance (MRSA) via nested PCR
- Confirmation of KRAS mutations of tumor cell DNA as the basis for initiating personalized therapy
- Molecular-biological confirmation of pathogens in the event of neonatal sepsis as a fast alternative to blood culture. The integrated functionality in this regard includes sample preparation including cell lysis and DNA extraction, as well as downstream two-level Multiplex PCR.
- Confirmation of botulinum neurotoxins
In this regard our service ranges from simulation-supported development of the fluidics to in-house polymer prototyping, and extends to proof-of-concept. In addition, for pilot validations or clinical studies we can also deliver larger quantities.