With our LabDisk platform your diagnostic and analytic laboratory procedures can run fully automated on a cost-effective, CD-like disposable test element, the LabDisk.
The LabDisk platform makes automation solutions available for your assays within a short time, based on centrifugal microfluidic test elements, the "LabDisks".
Using the LabDisks offers many advantages:
- Reduced personnel costs and reagent costs through automation in miniaturized, microfluidic standard
- Complex analytical procedures can even be executed by personnel with minimal training; this means outsourcing to the so-called point-of-care is possible
- Reproducibility is improved
- The risk of cross-contamination is reduced
In addition to automation of standard laboratory procedures, application areas of the LabDisk platform also particularly include automation of molecular diagnostic tests, immunological tests, and protein-analytical tests. Application examples from the LabDisk platform portfolio include:
- Genotyping antibiotic resistance (MRSA) via nested PCR
- Confirmation of KRAS mutations of tumor cell DNA as the basis for initiating personalized therapy
- Molecular-biological confirmation of pathogens in the event of neonatal sepsis as a fast alternative to blood culture. The integrated functionality in this regard includes sample preparation including cell lysis and DNA extraction, as well as downstream two-level Multiplex PCR.
- Confirmation of botulinum neurotoxins
In this regard our service ranges from simulation-supported development of the fluidics to in-house polymer prototyping, and extends to proof-of-concept. In addition, for pilot validations or clinical studies we can also deliver larger quantities.
In the field of human infectious disease diagnostics on our centrifugal LabDisk platform, we are working exclusively with our start-up SpinDiag (www.spindiag.de).