Rapid Testing Platform for the Multianalyte-Detection of Bacteria and Inflammation Biomarkers in Wounds (MultiDetekt)
The aim of the project is to evaluate an innovative MultiDetekt rapid test platform that enables the simultaneous detection of pathogens and local inflammatory markers in the wound.
The early detection of postoperative wound infections and their pathogen-specific therapy is of great clinical and socio-economic importance. In this regard, nosocomial wound infections lead to longer hospital stays, intensification of therapeutic interventions and increased morbidity and mortality rates. Prevention, efficient wound therapy and the early diagnosis of wound infections are the key aspects of good wound and patient care. However, the possibility of a quick on-site analysis that verifies a suspected wound infection and enables monitoring of the postoperative wound is currently not available. This need is addressed by our innovative idea of a rapid test platform (MultiDetekt rapid test). The MultiDetekt rapid test enables the simultaneous detection of the pathogen spectrum and local inflammatory markers in the wound. Thus, the doctor can determine on-site whether a clinically relevant infection is present and is supported regarding a pathogen-specific and personalized therapy.
- Integrated paper-based sensing devices for diagnostic applications (2020)
- Rapid Detection of Pathogens in Wound Exudate via Nucleic Acid Lateral Flow Immunoassay (2021)
- Integrated Devices for Non-Invasive Diagnostics (2021)
- Multianalyte lateral flow immunoassay for simultaneous detection of protein-based inflammation biomarkers and pathogen DNA (2022)
- Multianalyte-Assays: Simultaneous detection of protein and nucleic acid biomarkers (2021)
- Rapid nucleic acid lateral flow immunoassay for the detection of Pseudomonas aeruginosa (2021)
- Schnelltest-Plattform für die Multianalyt-Detektion von Bakterien und lnfektionsmarkern aus Wunden (MultiDetekt)
VDI/VDE Innovation + Technik GmbH
- Funding Number
- 01.10.2022 to 30.09.2023
- Cooperation Partner
- Maturity Level