Frequency Domain Multichannel Deconvolution for Marker Discrimination (FreeDoM)
Main goal of the project is the development of a novel platform for digital multiplex assays. The developed solution consists of a centrifugal microfluidic PCR device, a microfluidic cartridge for droplet emulsification and a readout device allowing a high degree of multiplexing.
Within this project a novel platform for digital assays with a high degree of multiplexing is developed. The key elements of this platform are:
- A certifiable and already developed device for centrifugal microfluidics, which allows rapid thermal cycling.
- A centrifugal microfluidic cartridge for the droplet emulsification and the digital amplification. Main focus of the research is the droplet stability during the amplification.
- A readout device with 6 varying color channels. Individual color channels are encoded by different modulation frequencies of the excitation light source. The degree of multiplexing is even further increased by applying fluorophores with varying photostability. A bleaching step between two readout steps potentially allows a 12 plex detection.
- FreeDoM - Frequency Domain Multichannel Deconvolution für die Markerdiskriminierung in digitalen Multiplex-Assays
VDI Technologiezentrum GmbH
- Funding Number
- 01.02.2021 to 31.01.2024
- Cooperation Partner
- BioFluidix GmbH; Cadida Software GmbH; BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH; Institut für Lasertechnologien in der Medizin und Meßtechnik (ILM)
- Maturity Level