Hahn-Schickard-Gesellschaft für angewandte Forschung e.V.
The institute is a nonprofit association that researches and develops within the field of microsystem engineering.
As a reliable partner in the research and development of microsystem technology, we guide you from conception to production.
We develop intelligent products and services for you using microsystem technology: from the initial idea via manufacturing to the final product – across all industry sectors.
We take on your challenges and work with you to deliver innovative solutions.
We are one step ahead: we perform pioneering research and prepare innovations for you.
We have regional roots, and are also globally in demand
With currently four scientific directors at four locations, Hahn-Schickard has a wide array of microsystem engineering expertise at its disposal. At the institute in Villingen-Schwenningen, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Alfons Dehé is a specialist in silicon-based microsystem technology, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Yiannos Manolis' areas of expertise are microelectronics and embedded systems. For the institute in Freiburg, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Roland Zengerle contributes his expertise in microfluidics, lab-on-a-chip systems and mobile diagnostics; Dr. Felix von Stetten, who is an adjunct professor at the University of Freiburg, works on the vision of so-called molecularly integrated test systems. Prof. Boris Mizaikoff contributes his expertise in the fields of photonics in liquids and gases as well as biomimetic receptors to the Hahn-Schickard portfolio at the Ulm site. Finally, Prof. Dr.-Ing. André Zimmermann specializes in the mounting and connection technology used in microtechnical components as well as their reliability. The leadership is complemented by managing director Clemens Pecha.
Close relationship with the history of technology
With their inventions, our namesakes Wilhelm Schickard and Philipp Matthäus Hahn set an example for bridging the gap between research and its application. To this day their names have had a formative influence on Baden Württemberg's intellectual history as well as its legacy of producing innovative technology. Since 1989, our corporation bears the names of Württemberg's two scientific giants.
Bodies + committees
Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr. Volker Nestle, Festo SE & Co. KG (Chairman)
- Thomas Albiez, IHK Schwarzwald-Baar-Heuberg (Treasurer)
- Dr. Florian Krogmann, Innovative Sensor Technology IST AG (Acting Chairman)
- Dr. Franz Lärmer, Robert Bosch GmbH (Acting Chairman)
- Dr. Wolfgang Spreitzer, Gruner AG (Acting Chairman)
- Uwe Remer (permanent guest)
- Clemens Pecha
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Alfons Dehé (Villingen-Schwenningen)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Yiannos Manoli (Villingen-Schwenningen)
- Prof. Dr. Boris Mizaikoff (Ulm)
- Apl. Prof. Dr. Felix von Stetten (Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. André Zimmermann (Stuttgart)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Roland Zengerle (Freiburg)
- Undersecretary Günther Leßnerkraus, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labor and Housing in Baden-Württemberg (Chairman)
- Undersecretary Susanne Ahmed, Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg
- Prof. Dr. Michael Auer, Steinbeis Foundation
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Gundelsweiler, Institute of Design and Production in Precision Engineering, University of Stuttgart
- Eckhard Kloth, Testo SE & Co. KGaA
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gisela Lanza, Institute of Production Technology at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Dr. Mirko Lehmann, IST AG
- Dr. Rolf Merte
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Mescheder, Furtwangen University, Institute for Applied Research
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Post, Festo AG & Co. KG
- Jürgen Roth, Lord Mayor, Major District Town VS
- Prof. Dr. Ulrike Wallrabe, Department of Microsystems Engineering, Albert-Ludwigs University Freiburg